- This event has passed.
October 20 - October 22
23th International exhibition of technologies and equipment for mining and processing of minerals
MiningWorld Russia is the largest international exhibition in Russia and the CIS demonstrating state-of-the-art equipment for mining facilities, mining and processing complexes and mining safety every year.
The Exhibition holds the title of the ‘Largest exhibition in Russia’ on the subject ‘Natural Resources Mining and Quarrying’ in the category ‘International Recognition’ according to the all-Russian ranking of exhibitions. Besides, the Exhibition serves as an effective business networking forum for manufacturers, vendors and professionals representing mining facilities, mining and processing complexes and wholesale companies from various regions of Russia interested in purchasing mining, processing and transportation machinery and equipment.
This year, the list of exhibitors at MiningWorld Russia included 332 companies from 31 countries presenting a wide range of mining equipment, materials, machines and technologies. The total exposition area exceeded 10,000 sq m, 29% larger compared to last year.
4,724 professionals (+13% compared to 2017) from 48 countries and 72 Russian regions visited the exhibition during the 3 days of its work. Furthermore, 2,352 visitors of TransRussia and ExpoElectronica had a chance to take a look at the exposition.
64% of visitors named looking for products/ services for business and obtaining general information on the market as their primary objective.
National expositions were traditionally, presented by companies from Norway, Germany, China and Finland, while the U.S. national group made its debut at the 2018 exhibition. Over 150 corporate exhibitors took part in the exhibition for the first time. Industry leaders presented their products at MiningWorld Russia 2018: FLSmidth, Komatsu Mining, VOLVO, WIRTGEN GROUP, GHH, Herrenknecht, Canros Group, Balum, Takraf, Metso Minerals, Liebherr Russland, Hermann Paus, Hitachi, Astec Industries, Epirok Rus, Belaz, Drobmash, Kanex, Carrier-Service / Sandvik, Kanmash, Coralina Engineering, Akonit, Azottech, REMMA International, Severstal Wire Ropes, Scania Rus, Uralmashzavod, etc.
98 companies presented mining machinery and equipment; over 96 companies – processing machinery and equipment; 55 companies – transportation machinery and equipment for raw materials; 41 companies – exploration machinery and equipment; 9 companies displayed mining safety equipment; 11 companies presented water and air purification and environmental monitoring systems; 10 companies presented innovative mining construction technologies.
This year, the Exhibition included two new sections: Heavy Machinery Sector and IT-Technologies and Automation of Technological Processes in the Mining Industry.
The innovations announced at the Exhibition that deserve special attention include dump truck Scania G 440 B8x4HZ with a body for the transportation of hard rock with a capacity of 25 m3 by Scania Rus; the world’s first advanced non-detonating rock breaking cartridge – a revolutionary substitute of explosives for mines by S.S.L COMMUNICATION / AUTOSTEAM; unique both for Russia and for the whole world PVM roll separator with a closed magnetic system with a high induction magnetic field (1.5 T) by NPO ERGA; a new series of Stel MAX 505 IP54 units for underground mines by PTK LLC; underground self-propelled MILLER MINE CAB by INDEQ JSC; the new SAM contractile unit by Vibrotechnik; a family of HITACHI mining dump trucks and excavators presented by MINETECH MACHINERY, the Recycled Components programme providing the owners of HITACHI equipment with an opportunity to exchange used components for the components recycled by the manufacturer under warranty.
Last edition’s numbers
This year, ITE Group of Companies, organiser of MiningWorld Russia, has substantially expanded the business programme of the exhibition providing mining professionals with extra experience-sharing, networking, and tie-strengthening opportunities. This time, the business programme had a brand-new format: 3 international conferences were divided into modules: practical – for technicians and strategic – for the top management.
The business programme brought together over 50 speakers and 630 delegates who addressed over 40 subjects of significance for the industry.
On the first day of the Exhibition, 17 April, 2 sessions were opened: practical session ‘Strategies to overcome the shortfall in highly skilled specialists in the mining sector’ and strategic session ‘Development trends in the mining industry: analytics, amendments to legislation and investment opportunities’. During the sessions, the delegates discussed practical experience and approaches to addressing the lack of qualified professionals in hi-tech industry, as well as issues of legislative changes and investment opportunities for the purpose of crafting a long-term corporate development strategy.
The list of conference speakers included Russian and international experts, representatives of Russian and foreign ministries and government agencies, CEOs of major Russian and international companies.
The discussions were moderated by Evgeny Kuzmin, Full Member of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, Head of the Research Institute of JSC VNIPIpromtechnologii, JSC Atomredmetzoloto, SC Rosatom; Igor Ainbinder, Head of the Department for the Development of Deposits of Solid Minerals at Great Depths, IPKON RAS, professor, Doctor of Technical Sciences; Vasiliy Cheskidov, Deputy director, NUST MISIS; Artem Romanchenko, General Director of LLC EMS-Mining; Aleksandr Dotsenko, General Director of the magazine Gold and Technology.
In 2019, the exhibition will be held on 23– 25 April in Crocus Expo International Exhibition Centre
Four conferences were held on 17, 18 and 19 April:
- Gold and Technologies is an annual event for business, finance and research leaders of the global gold mining industry designated to discuss the issues concerning promotion of win-win partnerships, implementation of innovations and investment raising. The event was co-organised by the leading magazine Gold and Technologies and sponsored by Irkutsk Research Institute of Precious and Rare Metals and Diamonds (Irgiredmet).
- Mineral Deposit Development Technologies is a platform for vendors of underground mining equipment and technologies and representatives of the leading mining and processing companies from Russia and other countries to share their experiences and discuss the problems of the industry at the highest level of expertise.
- Increasing the Safety of Mining Work is an event providing the leading experts with an opportunity to discuss the technologies of industrial safety and process automation ensuring improvements in corporate efficiency. The event is sponsored by Engineering Company Snabremservis.
- IT-Technologies and Automation of Technological Processes in the Mining Industry is a brand-new format. The relevance of the conference was attested to by the interest of the professionals to technologies and systems ensuring efficiency improvement of the mining companies and to controlling system automation. The list of participants included Russian and international companies who presented state-of-the-art products ensuring higher volumes in terms of output and transportation combined with lower costs and higher safety of operations: Newtrax, Deswik, FLSmidth, Lase, RBL-REI SA, Kemira, Fluidmesh Network, Russel Mineral Equipment, Micromine Rus, Albatros, Automated Control Systems, TECHNOLINK.
Technology and Equipment
- Mining machinery and equipment
- Demolition (drilling, blasting, etc.)
- Aerology and ventilation.
- Coal seam methane
- Mining chemicals
- Handling and transportation
- Construction technologies
- Ecology. Environmental protection and environmental monitoring
- Economics and finance. Consulting
- Economic support of mine development
- Exploration and investigation
- Mine safety
- Smelting and Refining